🎔REVIEW🎔 Devil You Know by L.A. Fiore

Blurb 

Damian Tate. One look into his sad green eyes and I was hooked. I wanted to be the one to make him laugh, to make him smile. I hadn't expected him to be the one to make me blush, to make me hot...to make me fall in love. He was my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. I wanted forever with him, but life got in the way.

He enlisted, I went to college, and for years we were never in the same place long enough to pick up where we left off.

Thirteen years after he left, tragedy brings him home. The stoic boy I fell in love with grew into a quiet, dangerous and wildly sexy man. He still tugs on all the right strings for me, but he seems determined to keep me at arm's-length. 

However, when trouble comes knocking at my door, he is the one to put himself between that trouble and me. 

Spending time with him might drive me insane, or it might be our second chance at first love.



My Rating 


My Review

🠊🠊WOW!! My head is spinning and my heart is bleeding. This book was sweet, tender, heartbreaking and beautifully healing. This was like a punch of intense emotions, 
sexy characters and amazing writing!!🠈🠈

"Devil You Know" introduces us to Damian and Thea. This is Damian's journey of losing the family he never had, his journey of self discovery, finding love and losing it and then finding his lost love again and holding onto it with his dear life. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicShe was beauty and I was sin"

The story takes us through different stages of Damian's and Thea's life.The prologue introduces the readers to a five or six years old Damian whose life turns upside down when his dad leaves him and his mom. Damian's mother is the shittiest mother in the history of fictional mothers. The verbal abuse he inflicted on Damian broke my heart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHe took the best years of my life and left me with you. 
He's a monster, a fucking devil, and you are just like him. 
His evil little spawn"

The story proceeds and we are introduced to a 17 years old Damian. He develops friendship with Cam, Thea's brother. Cam introduced him to his family where he met Thea and was just smitten with the wild haired beauty. As to story continued Thea and Damian developed a unique, unbreakable bond and the innocent friendship transformed into passionate love. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI want you, every part of you, and I'm feeling
reckless enough to not care about the consequences"~Damian

Damian loved Thea from the core of his heart, Thea was his life, his everything but he left her in order to find himself and joined army. Thea as stubborn as ever waited for him to return. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI wanted to be better for her and me and to that I had to leave,
even when everything in me wanted to stay."

The story takes a time leap and we meet 31 years old Thea and Damian. They wanted to start from where they ended but nothing is same, everything is just twisted and they both are different but their love for each other is even stronger.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic...You own me. Every dark part of me

There are so many twists and turns in this story and you won't be able to wrap your head around everything. This book is an epic roller coaster ride of emotions. I cried, I laughed, I swooned. I loved Damian and even hated him. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and then shake some sense into him. I definitely loved Thea. She is one of the best heroines, I've ever come across. 

I loved how the story ended. It was just perfect and the epilogue was just amazing. Thea and Damian didn't have an easy love story. This book is not just a love story but also a story of self discovery. "Devil You Know" proved that love can conquer anything and everything, no matter how difficult is the path.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicI had wished as a girl to know all about the 
quiet, reserved boy he had been, and I did now, I knew
every part of his beautiful, complicated and damaged soul and I loved all of him.

Fav Scene
Thea's first letter to Damian just broke my heart. I loved that scene. Damian opened her letter and cried for the first time and I cried with him. It was the most emotional scene. He even carried that letter everywhere with him*swoon*.

General Ratings
Damian- 4.5 Stars
Thea- 5 Stars
Cam- 5 Stars
Anton- 5 Stars
Ryder and Kimber- 4 Stars
Thea's Parents- 5 Stars
Other supporting characters- 4 Stars
Plot- 4 Stars
Storytelling- 4.5 Stars
Sexual Tension- 5 Stars
Sexual Scenes- 4 Stars
Romance- 4 Stars
Humor- 4.5 Stars
Story ending- 5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

My Book Boyfriends (Top #5)

The Top List:- Favourite Bookish Quotes