!!Review!! Backfire by Keri Lake

Book Blurb!!

No matter how unbreakable he may seem, every man has a weakness.

A year ago, my home became a bloodstained crime scene. That night marked the beginning of my hell—the same night I was tortured by my enemies and tossed into an underground prison to die.

They failed. I survived.

Now that I’m free, only one motive burns in my soul: revenge.

Lucky for me, they think Jase Hawkins is dead. Maybe I am. I’ve got nothing but a cold, merciless rage, and Black Betty, the sharp steel blade that never leaves my side. 

Then she drifts into my life.

Lucia wants answers—so much so, she’s willing to fall into the darkness where my enemies lie in wait, to kill her for what she knows. 

Or to take her for the depraved fantasies her body alone can rouse in a man’s mind.

Me? I want her for the fire in her touch that feeds my addiction, forces me to feel what has become numb, but my appetite for bloodshed runs deeper than flesh.

For my own sanity, I’ve vowed to stay away from her. Because she’s my only weakness, an obsession that leaves me craving more—one that could make even the most steadfast plan backfire.

My Rating


My Review
Image and video hosting by TinyPicTwo souls who’d survived hell, only to suffer the goddamn replays over and over.

Backfire is book 2 in Vigilante Series--- A powerful punch of sexy characters, deep emotions and fantastic writing. It's raw, gritty and sensual with a tendency to frustrate the hell out of you.


I am a huge fan of Keri lake and backfire definitely did not disappoint me. I was on the edge of my seat through the entire read with one hand holding my Kindle and the other one covering my eyes. It was like my eyes were glued to the screen and during some scenes I didn't even blink which left my eyes aching. But backfire was worth the aching eyes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicyou must never give up on love, because true love never goes away. It never disappears, only grows stronger.

Lucy had a traumatic past and her only solace is photography. She is fascinated with the old, abandoned buildings. She sees through the cracks and feels the lodge dissipate through them. But one act of carelessness and she is being chased by the ruthless men running the underground and the only way out is to run from them, from everyone.

Jase is many things, a thief, a killer, a survivor. He has his own demons. Life has never been good to him. Tortured as a child and witnessing the death of his only family as an adult has turned him into a shell of a man he once was. Tortured by his enemies and almost beaten to death he now only lives for one thing--Revenge.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicI wanted blood. Their punishment. My revenge.

But who knew that seeking revenge would lead him to love. It doesn't take much time for Lucy and jase to collide in the dangerous world. They are strong and stubborn. They both are broken but together they complete each other. As the pieces fall into place, they realize that they can only survive if they are together.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicYou’re in my blood, infecting every dark part of my soul, Lucy. Nothing else matters to me.



They will die to save each other. They will live to love each other. They will protect each other from the demons that haunt them. They will do anything to stay together. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPicI’d bleed for her. Kill for her. Die for her.~Jase

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHe’ll kill you, too. You die, I die. Remember?~Lucy

Told in dual POV , Backfire was simply amazing. It's the kind of book that breaks your heart and then mend the broken pieces together. This was an ultimate page Turner, Full of action and Earth shattering emotion.

Backfire is a story of retribution, revenge, sacrifices and love. This book gave me a hangover, I was continuously searching for the books resembling​ backfire but I didn't find any. So this was one of a kind. I totally recommend this. This is a must read.


Image and video hosting by TinyPicSometimes, though, shit happened for a reason, and plans backfired in the best ways.

General Ratings 

Jase- 5 Stars
Lucy- 5 Stars
Supporting characters- 5 Stars
Villains- 5 Stars
Plot- 5 Stars
Storytelling- 5 Stars
Romance- 5 Stars
Sexual tension- 5 Stars
Sexual scenes- 5 Stars
Story ending- 5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

Review: Shattering Truths (Deadly Veils #1) by Kyrian Lyndon

The Top List:- Favourite Bookish Quotes