❣ARC REVIEW❣ A Special Obsession by A.M. Hargrove

❣Book Blurb

From the author of For The Love of English, comes a new a stand-alone contemporary romance.

Rule Number One: Never let anyone get too close…

Weston Wyndham has more money on his tattooed wrist than I’ll ever have in my bank account.

Drunk, he was gorgeous, wicked, sexy… an inked god.
Sober, he is the most arrogant man ever.

If he thinks I’m going to let him order me around like one of his servants, he’s wrong. If he wants me to date him after all this, he’s out of his mind. I don’t care how rich he is, or that he drives a Ferrari and a fancy truck. Those walls I put up are there for a reason … and they were built to last.

But he’s relentless, and hot, and it turns out he likes his girls a little fiery. Giving in doesn’t have to mean disaster—unless I break my number one rule.

Special O’Malley is a handful. With a name like that, she ought to be. Sassy as hell, bossing me around, but damn if I don’t deserve it. 

I’m used to getting my way, dealing with difficult people, only she’s not buying any of it. Usually my money attracts women. Not Special. She doesn’t give a damn about it … or me. 

There’s more than one stubborn player in this game. I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m not planning on giving up any time soon … at least not until I’m between her thighs, making her moan. And those concrete walls she has … I have news for her. Concrete crumbles if you strike at the right place.

My Rating


My Review


Sweet, hot and full of  mushiness. Special obsession is the type of book that leaves the readers with all the lovey dovey feelings and makes  them believe that love can be found in the most unpredictable situations.

This book made me laugh so hard that I even fell from my couch while reading it *I am not joking*. The beginning​ was damn hilarious and I was laughing my ass out. Throughout the read I had a big smile plastered on my face. The story got a bit intense in the middle but overall it was a amazing.

A Special Obsession introduces the readers to weston and special. Weston belongs to an upper class family and is stinking rich but he feels out of his element with his family. He feels like an outcaste with his sophisticated family. His parents are full of shit. They are too judgmental for their own good. Special on the other hand had a loving grandma and an adopted son named Cody and he so so adorable. Spoiler ahead click on the button to see!!


So the story starts with an extremely drunk passed out Weston,in special's bar. To avoid any further problems special takes him to her house and let him spend the night on her couch. Their first descent meeting the next morning didn't go well and resulted in a fight ultimately leading Weston to kiss the fight out of special.*the kiss was scorching hot*.  As the story picks up pace, they both develop a deep friendship but oh boy! The sexual tension was so strong to be ignored. Special had a messed up past with boys so she didn't trust easily amd turned down Weston's advances at every point.



There came a point when special irritated the hell out of me with her 'we are different' speech and I really wanted to shake some sense into her. So will Weston be able to break down the Walls around her heart and will special be able to give Weston the love, he so strongly years for? Want these answers, go and read the book, I am not here to tell you the entire story, that's what the book is meant for just read it and find your answers.

I loved  nature of their relationship,it bloomed Beautifully from friendship to love. I am glad there was no love at first sight. Lust at first sight? Yes but love at first sight? Definitely no.



All in all this was an awesome read. The characters were relatable with well constructed plot. The beginning and ending was great but somewhere in the middle the story lost its touch. It seemed liked the author was trying to drag and stretch the story as much as she can. But nevertheless I enjoyed this book and it was a fair read and that's all that matters right? So yeah I recommend this book. If you want to read a sweet and cute romance with a bunch of hilarious scenes and a pinch of dark past, then this book is definitely for you, go ahead and read it!! 

❣General Ratings

Weston- 5 Stars
Special- 4 Stars
Cody- 5 Stars
Supporting characters- 4 Stars
Villains- 5 Stars
Plot- 4 Stars
Storytelling- 4.5 Stars
Romance- 4 Stars
Sexual tension- 5 Stars
Sexual scenes- 4 Stars
Story ending- 5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Invisible Ties by Nadya A.R.

Let's have coffee by Parul A. Mittal

Excerpt Reveal: Our Phenomenal Love By Garima Khurana