✰ARC REVIEW✰ Cut Wide Open by Abby McCarthy



Blurb
One day you held my hand. One day you loved me.

Then you were gone.
I lost the only love I’d ever known. Thrown back into the foster system, pregnant and alone, I prayed that you’d come for me and save me from life’s cruelties. Only the next time I saw you, it was too late.Doing what I needed to do to provide for my son, we were finally brought face to face. It should have been the best day of my life, but it was far from it. It was the worst.

That day a monster took me.
I begged. I prayed. I dreamt of you, the memories keeping me alive.

You finally came for me. You were my heart. My Salvation.
But sometimes the heart is too damaged, too broken, to be saved.

And sometimes monsters have a way of coming back to haunt me.

*This is a dark story. It is intended for mature audiences. If you need a trigger warning then this book isn’t for you. I have other books of mine that I’d recommend like Current or Tainted by Crazy, but not this one.

*This story does not have a cliffhanger. It is left open ended as this is a stand-alone series and the overall story line will continue between books, however, each book will be able to be read as a stand-alone.
 



My Rating

My Review

Riveting and heartbreaking. 
The type of book that will make you smile and then break your heart. It's thrilling, dark and daring with a hint of softness.


HOLY SHIT!!What an amazing and heart ripping ride. This book made me feel shit loads of emotions. I wanted to smile. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. It is a dark but heartwarming read. It has everything that I love in a book, romance, suspense, drama, heartbreaking twists, mind blowing and intense chemistry, a damn hot alpha, a respectably strong heroine, one of the cutest child in the history of books and some amazing supporting characters.


Characters
Gunner
Young Gunner- Sweet, charming, happy, satisfied, loved.
Teen Gunner- Fu#ked up, sad, angry, disturbed.
Adult Gunner- Hot, dangerous, dark, heartless, cold, alpha.
Gunner with Charlie- Soft, loving, caring, possessive, passionate.

Charlie
Young Charlie- Sad, broken, troubled, unloved.
Teen Charlie- Sweet, shy, loving, soft, happy.
Adult Charlie- Bold, broken, strong, destroyed.

The Story


"Cut Wide Open" introduces the readers to Charlie and Gunner. The story starts with an eight years old Charlie, living with her shitty foster parents. She is sad and broken after all that she went through and prefers the shadows more than the light. She is quite obsessed with the boy living next door that is gunner. She sees him everyday playing and enjoying. As the story proceeds, it covers different stages of their life. Teen Gunner and Charlie were hopelessly in love with each other when suddenly everything changes and he leaves her.
The story takes a time leap and we again meet Charlie who is working as a stripper to support herself and her son Jr. gunner and Gunner who is the president of bleeding scars MC. But when they finally meet hell breaks loose and they are again torn apart.


I don't want to spoil the entire plot so I'm not giving away much and revealing the plot further. But believe me it's worth reading. It's just so amazing. I'm having a book hangover.

It was sweet and dark at all the right places. My heart broke for Charlie. Life was just so cruel to her. What she suffered was so heart ripping but she fought to live and find her happily ever after.  I felt so invested in Gunner and Charlie's story I felt like i was living it right along with them. All in all this was a definite hit for me and I highly recommend this book.

General Ratings

Gunner- 5 Stars
Charlie- 5 Stars
Gunner Jr.- 5 Stars
Supporting characters- 4 Stars
Villains- 4.5 Stars
Plot- 4.5 Stars
Storytelling- 4 Stars
Romance- 4.5 Stars
Sexual tension- 4.5 Stars
Sexual scenes- 5 Stars
Story ending- 5 Stars

Would I recommend this book? YES
Would I read other books from this author? YES
Did I enjoy this read? YES
Is it worth reading? YES 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

❢Surprise Book Announcement❢ Provocative (White Lies Book One) by Lisa Renee Jones

My Book Boyfriends (Top #5)