ARC REVIEW: SILENCED BY LEDDY HARPER



---Blurb---
As a young child, Killian Foster survives the unimaginable. Silenced and scarred, he keeps to himself, spending his time with his notebook in the woods behind his aunt’s house. 

Until Rylee Anderson…

When Rylee spots Killian hopping over a fence next door, she follows him, unprepared for the boy she’d find—or the relationship that would unfold over the next seven years.

Or the silence that would follow.

Fighting between the hate of his past and the promise of his future, Killian must make choices—ones that would affect more than himself. Choices that would test the lines of right and wrong. Decisions that could break the bond of the only love Killian knew.

Hate or love.
Revenge or forgiveness.
Silence or his voice.

---My Rating---

---My Review---

"If I could, I'd steal the moon from the sky.
 I'd still the earth and keep it from turning into day"
                                                                    ~Killian


What can I say about this book? "Silenced" has silenced me!! It sounds so cliche but yeah, this book has left me utterly speechless as in completely mute. It was such a beautiful ride and I really really adored this book! 

 Silenced is a perfect blend of romance, suspense, mystery and heartbreak. This book has everything:-
  • Sweet Mushy Romance- check
  • Heart Warming Friendship- check 
  • Everlasting Love- check
  • Mystery- check
  • Tortured Hero- check
  • Dirty Talking- check
  • Alpha Male- check
  • Gut Wrenching Heartbreak- check
  • Cry Your Heart Out Emotions- check
  • Happily Ever After- check

Silenced is full of angst and twists. It's an ultimate page turner. Once you'd start reading, you won't be able to put it down *mark my words* and I'm not exaggerating. My eyes were literally glued to kindle the entire night while I cuddled into my couch and guys believe me an entire night on a couch gives you a sore neck and the pain is so bad and yet I was on the couch reading this damned book! So yasss!!! Silenced was worth a sore neck with aching muscles. I think you'd get me know.

I loved how the story covered different stages of Rylee's and Killian's life. Their journey was so beautiful. Their love nurtured with time and they eventually developed an unbreakable bond. Both of them just fitted together. Silenced has a "childhood sweethearts" sort of vibe.

Killian's past made my heart ache. What he suffered and saw as a child, it was so terrible. I wanted to hug that little boy but you know I didn't *lol*. Killian was whole only when he had Rylee. Without Rylee, Killian's existence didn't matter. 
"I feel like I'm in prison here.Trapped in my head, trapped in the nightmare, I can't shake it. But you...you're the only one who makes that go away."  ~Killian
One second you are all lovey dovey full of pretty smiles and then out of the blue author drops the bomb and then separation, heartbreak, tears! At one moment I was so happy for them and what happened next left me gawking at my kindle. This book is full of surprises and definitely worth reading. This is the type of story that will always be in your heart

This is the story of a boy who lost his family when he was just a child and in the process lost power over his speech.This is the story of a man who loved from the core of his heart. This is the story of a prisoner who wanted freedom from his nightmares. This is the story of a girl who fixed the broken boy and ultimately found the love of her life!


---Favorite Scene---
When Killian spoke to Rylee for the first time. I was so caught up in that moment. It was perfect. It showed how much Killian trusted Rylee. Also the letters Killian used to leave for Rylee is my one of the favorite part of this book.
---General ratings---
Killian- 5 Stars
Rylee- 5 Stars
Plot- 5 Stars
Storytelling- 5 Stars
Romance- 5 Stars
Mystery- 5 Stars
Sexual Tension- 5 Stars
Sexual Scenes- 4.5 Stars
Ending- 5 Stars
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

!!SPOTLIGHT!! The Gaia Effect Author by Claire Buss

BOOK REVIEW: CROWN OF LIES (crown of lies duet 1) BY PEPPER WINTERS

My Book Boyfriends (Top #5)