"BEAUTY AND THE BEAST" reading this title the first thought that comes to our mind is the beautiful fairytale that we read as a child and fell in love with. Beauty and The Beast is the story that taught to love the heart and soul leaving the appearances aside. "Ensnared" is a near future retelling of "Beauty and The Best".
I selected to read "ensnared" just because I loved the cover. I'm kind of fascinated with its cover. It's so beautiful. When I read the blurb, I knew that no matter what I've to read this book now and so I got my ARC. And I was right all along, I did love this book.It was so different and gave me something to think about.
"ENSNARED" is set in the time of robots with artificial intelligence. The book introduces us to "Lorccan" who is as rich as it comes but has lived in isolation his all life right from his childhood. He's not allowed to have contact with any real humans. His parents given him with artificial humans that are robots and even robotic pets. Enters "Alainn" a beautiful young girl with haunted memories. In order to save her father from going to jail because he didn't deliver the robot he promised to Lorccan on time, she goes to Lorccan's house disguised as a robot so that his father gets some time to finish the robot he's working on. But the story is as complicated as it comes. I don't want to spoil anything for you so I'm not going to dive in much detail.
As the story paces, "Alainn" develops feelings for "Lorccan" and these feelings are reciprocated by "Lorccan" but he thinks that Allain is a robot. But what happens when Lorccan discover the truth? What happens when robots involve themselves in their life and have some ulterior motive? Will Allain be able to save her true love Lorccan. Will she able to defeat the robots? Will she even survive this mess?
- The plot is different and unique but not very developed. Even the characters are not very developed.
- First of all, we are not clearly told about Lorcan's and Allain's past. the author only gives us glimpses of what their past must have been.
- We are not told about the ulterior motive of the robots in doing what they did.
- Lorcann believed that Alainn was a robot in spite of her humane habits. He even believed that robots can have feelings which are impossible and foolish to even think about in first place.
- The end was quite rushed and confused the hell out of me. Everything happens in a blur and we are left thinking "what the hell did happen?"
- Overall storytelling was fine but it was quite rushed and confusing. More detail of what was happening and how did it happen would have made the book flawless.
But in spite of all the flaws, I adored this book. It was a fun read with infinite possibilities. It was different and unique and had the fairytale vibe. I enjoyed the romance and it was full of sweetness. I would definitely read other books by this author.