SHAME (RUIN #3) BY RACHEL VAN DYKEN

TITLE - Shame (Ruin#3)

AUTHOR - Rachel Van Dyken

GENRE - Romance, Mystery, Psychological Thriller, NewAdult



   BLURB:-
Everything done in darkness will eventually be brought into the light. I ran, but all it did was keep me one step ahead of my past. I tried to start over; new name, new identity. But you can't change your soul. A fresh start at college was just what I needed. For a while, it worked. I was the party girl, the one who seemed confident, but it was a lie. When guys kissed me - I felt only pain. When they touched me - nothing but fear. Deep inside, every girl wants to be the beauty in the story, to find someone who will see you as their world. But the truth? I was the beast. And as much as I wanted redemption, I wasn't fool enough to think I'd ever get it.


Until he walked into my life. I wasn't prepared to fall for someone. My scars were too deep, the wounds too raw. But he offered me peace, he offered me security. I should have known it was just another lie - I should have known that falling in love with my professor was a bad idea. But I was powerless to stop myself from falling. And he was powerless to catch me. Because the darkness finally caught up to me, and as fate would have it, a cruel twist almost bled me dry. But I'm stronger than I knew. I'm stronger than you think. You think you know my story, but you don't - after all everyone has Shame in their lives - and I'm no longer afraid to show you mine. 


5++ STARS!!!


OMG OMG OMG Why in the hell I didn't read this book earlier*curse myself*.

This book is my ruin. I don't have words to describe my feelings. I love love love this book. Its awesome, amazing, fantastic, fabulous. I think I am over-reacting but still I loved this book so much.


NOW ABOUT THE STORY 
We've already met Lisa in RUIN and TOXIC and we got some hints about Lisa's demons.
Lisa is always running from her past, trying to bury away her demons, trying to bury her horrible mistakes, trying to bury her shame. She wants a normal life but her demons keep chasing her. His sick, mentally twisted ex-boyfriend (Tyler) committed suicide in front of her eyes and even after his death owns her, controls her. She tries to forget everything but the nightmares keeps following her. The calm she established in her life is completely shattered when she starts getting life threats.


Enters Tristan Blake. Tristan is Lisa's professor and he knows some bits and pieces of Lisa's past. He is there to know all her secrets. Tristan and Lisa are insanely attracted to each other.
His body desires her. He wants her, needs her but he just can't give into his temptation. He saves Lisa when she is attacked. He is always their to help Lisa whenever she is in danger but he himself has so many secrets. I don't want to spoil the story, once you read you'll get to know.
“Everything done in darkness will eventually be brought into the light.” 




The secual tension is off the charts, you can literally cut it with knife. The story has a mysterical vibe. There are so many twists and turns. when you start thinking that you've finally figured everthing out, BOOM BOOM BOOM, plot twists. I loved Tristan *swoony*. He is definitely added to my book boyfriends list. He is just so dangerous, calm, controlling and caring all at once.

"I want to chase those demons away, and really, most of all, I want to help her discover who she is, because I imagine she'll fall in love with that person almost as I have." 


There comes a point where you think that he is actually the villain dressed as a hero but it's nothing what you think. Tyler's journal is like cherry on the top, it gives us an idea about his mind's working, thereby, adding more suspense in the story. Lisa is so strong. she faces everything. She tries her best to keep everyone out of danger but herself. She has suffered so much that i really wanted to hug her sometimes.


This is a must read. Once you start reading you won't be able to put it down. It's literally a page turner. Shame is more of a psychological thriller and I loved it. I am a big Rachel Van Dyken fan and I love her writing style and Shame was no exception. It was exceptionally written.



All in all this is an amazing book just go, grab it and read it. I just loved this. I love Tristan and Lisa along with the ruin gang i.e. Wes, Kiersten, Gabe and Skylar.


************************************************
MY RATINGS

Tristan's Rating - 5 Stars
Lisa's Rating - 5 Stars
Storytelling - 5 Stars
Twists and Turns - 5 Stars
Sexual Tension - 5 Stars
Darkness - 5 Stars
Secual Scenes - 5 Stars
Plot Rating - 5 Stars
*************************************************

Thanks for reading my review
Lots Of Love







                          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Invisible Ties by Nadya A.R.

Let's have coffee by Parul A. Mittal

Excerpt Reveal: Our Phenomenal Love By Garima Khurana